[gvd-users] Disassembly

Wojciech Dymek gvd-users@lists.act-europe.fr
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 15:51:33 +0200

Hallo.

It's me again.

I've made some tests.
Program in C does nothing except printing "Hallo" (printf).

1. - gcc -g -o test test.c
    - gvd --log-level=4
    - load program (test)

    I can see C source.

    a. When I press "Start program" immediately gvd does nothing.
       When I try to close it for the first time it freezes. Then I can
finaly
       close it but there is a note in ~/.gvd/log about a bug.

   b. When I press "Interrupt" icon after loading a program and then
      "start program" averything works fine. I can see C source and
      disassembly.

2. - gcc -o test test.c
    - gvd --log-level=4
    - load program (test)

    This looks like it works (gdb command window shows current execution
    lines) but unfortunately disassembly cannot be seen :(
    So it seems it is "by design" ? GVD cannot disassemble without debugging
    information compiled in. Can it ? If it can how can I achieve it ?

    I'm not sure it is right list to send my gvd log file with error  I
mentioned above
    so I'm not attaching it. Should I send it and where ?

    Thanks,
    Wojtek