[gvd-users] Dumping the objects to GVD console during debugging-on NT

Mohan K Dhulipati gvd-users@lists.act-europe.fr
Thu, 27 Sep 2001 17:20:33 -0400

--------------D238E9E8C7AC1EAA7D245DB9

Hi Techers

During the debugging session, when we debug the method code using CVD on

Unix environment (SGI for example), we can do an objPrint to print the
object contents to the console screen. There are associated commands
like objPrintAll (OR objDumpAll) which will print all the objects in a
SetOfObjects. This has been an extremely useful tool for us on on SGI.

Now we would like to move on to NT for our server code development. On
NT we use MSVC++ debugger for our server (C) code debugging. During the
session, to see the object contents we have to keep expanding the object

within the debugger. This is a painful process for us, particulalrly
when we  have lot of attributes on the object to look for. The problem
is compounded for seeing the contents for a "SetOfObjects". We are not
able to dump this object(s) to a console screen.

Debugging into the objPrint and objPrintAll functions didn't work for
us. The VC++ debugger takes the inputs as string(s) instead of
ObjectPtr(s).

Question for GVD users:
Can we meet this requirement using GVD. Mean can we dump the objects to
GVD's console.

I want to use objDump()/objPrint like commands in GVD rather than
functions. Is it possible through GVD?. Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks
Mohan

--------------D238E9E8C7AC1EAA7D245DB9

Hi Techers