[gvd-users] GVD window arrangement

Arnaud Charlet gvd-users@lists.act-europe.fr
Wed, 5 Sep 2001 14:10:15 +0200

Hi David,

> I am currently using GVD along with a cross-debugger for debugging and
> embedded system based on a Motorola 68332 processor.  So far, I have been
> very pleased with how easy it was to get GVD working with my specific
> version of gdb, and I have it working fine on both Linux and Windows - many
> thanks to the gvd developers!

Thanks.

Concerning giving gdb command line options to gvd, you should use the
--dargs argument, e.g:

gvd --dargs -x init.gdb

Concerning the window rearragement, the development version of GVD uses
a very powerful MDI widget that can handle the window in any way, but
even with the current version, you could simply separate the Data Window
(menu Edit->Preferences, Tab "Data", check box "Separate Window") and use
the separators (click on the little square that surrounds the separator
lines between the data window, the source window and the console window)
to change the height of the source and console windows.

See the documentation for more details.

Arno