[gvd-users] RE: No file Found --- files are rcped.

Rosenzweig, Daniel Z (Dan), NNAD gvd-users@lists.act-europe.fr
Mon, 17 Dec 2001 08:35:37 -0500

Our HP servers are a few miles away from where we're doing development =
-- they do not want X traffic over the T1s... That's the reason why I'm =
not just using Wildebeest with X.

Is there any way of testing whether it's a timing issue or not?  Is =
there any way of having the software wait a few moments, even after =
Windows claims that the file transfer has finished?

Thanks=20

-----Original Message-----
From: Arnaud Charlet [mailto:charlet@ACT-Europe.FR]
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2001 8:07 AM
To: gvd-users@lists.act-europe.fr
Subject: Re: [gvd-users] RE: No file Found --- files are rcped.

> Could the 'File Not Found' issue be a timing issue? That is, GVD =
starts to rcp the file -- but doesn't get the response back until GVD =
already says that the file isn't found? Does GVD always wait for rcp to =
finish, before attempting to display the file?=20

It does, but Windows is often unreliable when it comes to trust it about
whether things are really finished or not.

> Any other things I should try?

Yes, install an X server on your NT box, and run gvd under HP.

Arno