[gvd-users] Query on font usage

gvd-users@lists.act-europe.fr gvd-users@lists.act-europe.fr
Wed, 1 Aug 2001 13:39:37 -0500

I upgraded XFree86 to version 4.1 on my Linux system. Most applications
work fine. One that does NOT is gvd.

The behavior I'm seeing is small squares where the letters should appear in
the following areas:
 - the data windows (both the title of the window and text within it)
 - the source file listing
 - the interaction with gdb
 - the memory display
All the menu selections, preference windows, and other items appear OK.

I tried changing the fonts for the data display. This did not help but I
got warnings indicating something like...
  Font Lucida not found, using Courier instead

Which fonts (or types of fonts) does gvd use in these areas so I can track
down what's broke in the font server, directories, etc.?

Thanks.
--Mark H Johnson
  <mailto:Mark_H_Johnson@raytheon.com>