[gvd-devel] Problems with C++ templates

GREENE, Benjamin benjamin.greene@astrium-space.com
Fri, 7 Mar 2003 10:53:29 -0000

Hi,
I have been selecting a suitable debugger to use for my C++ code.

When using GVD, I have had difficulty viewing the contents of my classes
using gvd.  It can print the contents of the variables to the console, but
cannot display them in the canvas.  I get the error "could not parse type or
value of fp_numA" where fp_numA is the instantiation of my class.
The class fp_numA is a templatised class and when printed to the console has
the output.

$2 = {static c_intBitsInt = <optimized out>, static c_fracBitsInt =
<optimized out>, static c_byteSize = <optimized out>, static c_storeBits =
<optimized out>, static st_maskTop = <optimized out>, static c_intSize =
<optimized out>, static c_fracSize = <optimized out>, static c_totSize =
<optimized out>, st_value = "\0\0\0\003", b_rounded = 4290705532,
b_roundObjAttached = 4, rf_roundObj = 0xffbef884}

Thank you for any assistance.

Regards
Ben Greene
DSP Engineer
+44(0) 14 3877 8975
Benjamin.Greene@astrium-space.com
If you have received it in error then you must not use, retain, disseminate
or otherwise deal with it.  Please notify the sender by return email.
The views of the author may not necessarily constitute the views of Astrium Limited.
Nothing in this email shall bind Astrium Limited in any contract or obligation.