[gvd-devel] Problems

Arnaud Charlet charlet@ACT-Europe.FR
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 14:55:45 +0200

> 1. Highlight line doesn't always show.  Sometimes, when executing
> GVD under Linux and SGI the highlight line (showing where you are
> curently located in the program) does not show up.  Stepping into
> a subfunction usually will make the highlight line show up.

We need more precise and if possible complete reproducers for such reports.

> 2. Highlight line loses location.  Sometimes, when stepping
> through a program GVD will lose where it is in the program and
> suddenly the highlight line begins to either jump lines of code or
> it doesn't move or it will not move for several lines of code and
> then begin moving again.  This seems to happen most when several
> loops are one within the other (ie: while-for-for-while-for).

Are you sure this isn't because of optimization artefacts, or wrong info
given by gdb ? Remember that gvd is a graphical front-end to gdb, the
underlying debugger.

Again, we would like a reproducer to investigate.

> When run, GVD seems to have a problem displaying everything.  This
> is C++ and varD-E-F are an array class.  The problem shows up as
> varA or varB not displaying.  Unknown why.  Typing the above in by

Sounds like a gdb problem to me. You should see whether the same problem
occurs with plain gdb.

Arno