[gvd-devel] GVD Suggestion: Compile it for Win 98

Arnaud Charlet gvd-devel@lists.act-europe.fr
Wed, 8 May 2002 23:26:02 +0200

> I would suggest to the GVD team to compile (if it is possible) the GVD for Windows 9x and
> put it available in your web, because the NT/2000 version doesn't run in 9x OS (it crash

As it seems to be a general misconception, let me answer once and for
all (hopefully) on this issue:
the fact that GVD crashes on Windows 98 is most likely due to a Windows 98
bug. In any case, recompiling GVD under Windows 98 will not magically fix this
bug (if you think about it, how could it ?), so if people want a Windows 98
version of GVD, the only way is to debug GVD where it crashes, and modify the
code to work around the problem.

The GVD team has no interest in Windows 9x/ME which are too unreliable in
our opinion, but if other people have some reasonable code to contribute that
would make GVD work under Windows 98, we will be happy to look at it.

Arno