[gvd-devel] No source file during remote debugging

Vincent BOSSIER vincent.bossier@iba.be
Wed, 04 Dec 2002 16:00:55 +0100

>The usual advice (I am surprised that you didn't find it in the archives,
>since you said you looked at them) in this case is to use the gdb command
>"dir" to specify where to find the source files.

Sorry not to have mentioned this but my .gdbinit file contains well all
the directory definitions.

A "show directories" gives me well, inside GVD, the expected value.

Anyway, this does not solve the problem: GVD remains unable to show me
the current source line.

If I open manually the related source (File->Open Source), GVD opens
succesfully it but the link between this newly opened file and the same
filename in the GVD explorer is not done. For example, if "toto.c" is
reported in the explorer as "File not found: toto.c" and I open manually
"toto.c", its status remains "not found..." in the explorer (even after
a File->Reload Sources). Furthermore, even with the file loaded
manually, GVD won't keep the synchro with it during the debug session.

Remark: when I launch only gdbm68k, I have got well the interactive
tracing of my code ("n" commands are well followed by the next code
line) whereas inside GVD (with the same .gdbinit file), this tracing is
not available anymore.

Vincent.