[gvd-devel] No source file during remote debugging

Vincent BOSSIER vincent.bossier@iba.be
Wed, 04 Dec 2002 09:44:32 +0100

First of all, congratulations for this terrific debugger. A really good
point for Ada evangelism. Unfortunately, I still write my code in C but
maybe one day...

Problem: while remote debugging, GVD lists well all the files in the
explorer but the content is empty. All the debugger control buttons work
(run, step, ...) but there is no interactive code display. Each time I
click on a filename, GVD tells me "File not found: <Filename>".

I am using GVD 1.2.5 for HP-UX 11.00.

I do remote debugging on a VxWorks 5.4 target from a host running Clearcase.

The debugged object is well compiled with the "-g" flag from C sources.
Every (almost) .c file is compiled to generate .o file. All the .o files
are linked together. It is this single object file which is loaded in
the target.

Gvd is launched with the following command: "gvd --debugger gdbm68k
--target grolsch:wtx". gdbm68k is a WRS gdb version for 68xxx targets.

Here are the results of some investigations:

-> I can access all the neede files with the File->Open Source command
(code is reachable).

-> the following command "objdump68k --debug <Object_Name>" tells me
that the debug information is well incorporated and contains absolute
file names.

-> if the gdbm68k is launched in a terminal, it works. This means that I
can follow the execution flow as usual in GDB, line by line.

-> crosswind, the WRS graphical debug front-end also works. Code is
shown interactively.

I know this kind of problem has already been reported in previous thread
but the given information does not help me.

Thank you,

Vincent.