[gvd-devel] Spam control

Miah Gregory miah@picsel.com
Mon, 08 Oct 2001 16:40:30 +0100

In message <20011008171905.A1680@dublin.int.act-europe.fr>
          Arnaud Charlet <charlet@ACT-Europe.FR> wrote:

> > When I open an executable for debugging, gvd succeeds in finding the
> > source files, and opening them, however when trying to set breakpoints,
> > it uses just the leafname of the file, causing gdb to not find the
> > requested file, so the breakpoint can't be added.

> > Is this a known problem, as it makes debugging very difficult.

> Sounds like a gdb issue, not a gvd issue.

> You need to use the "dir" command if gdb cannot find your files (gdb
> does all the filename lookup, not gvd).

Right, but that still doesn't explain why gvd is passing gdb commands such
as:

break sourcefile.c:123

when ddd (which is just a pain to use) uses:

break /home/miah/source/sourcefile.c:123

(ie. the full path to the sourcefile)

Doing 'show dir' on both gvd/ddd/gdb proper shows:

Source directories searched: $cdir:$cwd

--
Miah Gregory, Software Engineer, Picsel Technologies Ltd