[gvd-devel] Bug in display window when trying to view a struct with many elements

Rmacedon@aol.com Rmacedon@aol.com
Sat, 3 Nov 2001 11:35:30 EST

Hi,
  I've been using GVD for awhile and I think it's great; however, I have hit
an annoying bug. If you try to display a struct that has TOO MANY elements,
maybe 30 or more, the box that the elements are displayed in is truncated. It
appears that the box can only grow to a certain fixed length and anything
past that length causes gvd to truncate the rest of the stucts members.  Of
course, there is a workaround by using the print command which lists all the
members, but it would be great if this could be
fixed...maybe attach a scroll bar to the display box when it grows to a
certain length? Oh, and I'm not sure if this is important, but I was
debugging C code.
  The reason I'd prefer the display button over the print command is that the
structs I am debugging also have pointers to other structs and it's great to
just double click on these pointers to see the new structs members box pop-up.

I hope this bug report is clear.
Thanks
  Ron