[gvd-devel] Bug in GVD

Johnathan Lam johnlam@us.ibm.com
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 13:11:53 -0500

Hi:

It's working after I write a wrapper as you suggested.

Thanks for the help.
Johnathan Lam

Arnaud Charlet <charlet@ACT-Europe.FR> on 03/29/2001 02:33:27 AM

Please respond to gvd-devel@ACT-Europe.FR

To:   Johnathan Lam/Somerset/Contr/IBM@IBMUS
cc:   gvd-devel@ACT-Europe.FR
Subject:  Re: [gvd-devel] Bug in GVD

> I use GDB 4.13.

GDB 4.13 is a rather old version, so I would suggest either upgrading to a
newer version that understands the -nw command (and contains many other
improvements), or write a little wrapper that will remove the -nw
switch from the command line and then call gdb.

Also note that as most graphical front-end, GVD has a tendency to stress
the underlying debugger, so this is another good reason for upgrading
to a more recent version.

Assuming that your wrapper script is called my_gdb, you can call gvd
with

gvd --debugger my_gdb

Cheers,

Arno