[gvd-devel] GVD with WindRiver Tornado

Jérôme Bertorelle jerome@pbc.com
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 20:47:04 +0200

	Hi,

	I've just tried GVD 1.1.0 and found it very good under Solaris. But as I
tried it with the Tornado environment for embedded cross development I found
some problems.

	For example, there do not seem to be thread support (Data-> Threads or Tasks
are giving empty windows). GVD properly connect the target but do not attach
to the system. Dynamically loading an object file do not update the
referenced files list.  Setting a breakpoint and triggering it do not update
the window. Etc...

	So my question is: what is the state of the vxWorks support? The manual
explicitely mention vxWorks support, but was it for Ada or a specific
toolchain?

	I'm using Tornado 2.0, cross compiling for vxSim or PowerPC, with C. The
CrossWind debugger is based on gdb 4.17.

	I can do some tests for you if you tell me what, but can't devote time on
adapting GVD itself (not enough time and my Ada is too rusty...).

	Thanks for your time & GVD,

Jérôme