[gvd-devel] Problems using gvd

Preben Randhol randhol@pvv.org
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 12:26:02 +0100

Arnaud Charlet <charlet@ACT-Europe.FR> wrote on 17/01/2001 (12:16) :
> The more general issue is programs that do IO.
> In this case what is needed is a way to separate the debuggee term from
> the debugger window. This is on the list, but not implemented yet.

I see, yes that would be nice.

> Menu Program->Run/Start or the 'F2' key.

Ah. But it still does not work, but I think I know why. I get the same
when I try to debug another GTK+ program (built with glade):

(gdb) run
Starting program:
/home/randhol/Source/Ada95/GUI/Gac/About/Design/src/./about
Cannot access memory at address 0x40017df0
(gdb)

Do one have to do something special to work with GTK+ programs that
needs the display. I'm using X11

--
Preben Randhol ---------------------- http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/ --
+---+ "There was, I think, never any reason to  believe in any innate
| ! |  superiority of the male, except his superior muscle."
+---+      -- Bertrand Russell, Ideas That Have Harmed Mankind (1950)