[gvd-devel] One other question....

Emmanuel Briot briot@gnat.com
Wed, 4 Apr 2001 09:55:43 +0200 (CEST)

 > As a Mac person I have to ask - any hope of having this working on the
 > LinuxPPC version of Linux?  If there are assembly language instructions
 > which have to be executed - probably not.  But if it is all Ada, then it
 > should compile under LinuxPPC.

GVD itself is almost fully Ada, apart from a small C layer for the low-level
communication with gdb.
This small layer might require some work to recompile on linux ppc, but my
guess is that it would work as is.

In fact, probably the most difficult part is to make sure that the gtk+ library
that we use for graphics has been ported to linuxppc. Then recompiling GtkAda
should be straightforward, and gvd should follow.
All that assuming that GNAT is available somewhere on linux/ppc, of course

Volunteers welcome, we don't have any linuxppc machine around :-)

Emmanuel