[gvd-devel] Possible Bug and Congrats

Mark Manning/Muniz Eng. mark.manning1@jsc.nasa.gov
Tue, 03 Apr 2001 12:28:04 -0500

First - congratulations on a truly wonderful program.  I recently found
gvd while looking for different debuggers for Linux i386.  It is truly
amazing!  :-)  Keep up the good work!  :-)

Two bugs I believe I've found:

1. The preferences would not apply no matter how many times I tried to
do so.

2. When debugging a C++ program, the program went into strlen and then
into strcpy.  The source for these two routines were not included in our
system set-up.  What happened was that the display for the call stack
suddenly went blank and the call stack appeared in the area where the
gdb commands were displayed.  By just stopping gvd and then getting back
into it I was able to correct the problem.  Avoiding going into system
routines has kept me from having any further problems but I thought
someone should know about this.  :-)

Later!

Mark Manning
All e-mail needs to be sent to mark.manning1@jsc.nasa.gov.
If you don't, it will probably bounce.  As per the current
Federal laws regarding junk mail, this is your notice that
I charge a $25.00 fee to read your junk mail.  So send it
on!  I need the cash!  :-)