[gtkada] Cell_Renderer_Combo: how to act on characters typed to show match in combo

Op de Coul, Manuel Manuel.op.de.Coul at uniper.energy
Thu Apr 26 11:52:59 CEST 2018

Hoi Rob,

with Gtk.Entry_Completion; use Gtk.Entry_Completion;

      Result : Gtk_Entry;
      List   : Gtk_List_Store;
      Compl  : Gtk_Entry_Completion;
      Iter   : Gtk.Tree_Model.Gtk_Tree_Iter;

      Gtk_New (List, GType_Array'(GType_String, GType_String)); --example with two columns
-- fill this list with your items for example:

            Append (List, Iter);
            Set (List, Iter, 0, "item 1");

--create your combo box and renderer(s)

--create the entry completion

      Result := Get_Entry (The_Combo);

      Gtk_New (Compl);
      Set_Model (Compl, Gtk.Tree_Model.Gtk_Tree_Model(List));
      Set_Text_Column (Compl, 0);
      Set_Text_Column (Compl, 1);
      Set_Property (Compl, Text_Column_Property, 0);
      Set_Inline_Completion (Compl, True);
      Set_Popup_Single_Match (Compl, False);
      Set_Completion (Result, Compl);
      Unref (List);
      Unref (Compl);
      Combo_Box_Callback.Connect (The_Combo, "changed",
        Combo_Box_Callback.To_Marshaller (On_The_Combo_Changed'Access));
--end

Greetings,
Manuel