[gtkada] Future of GtkAda Windows XP support

Emmanuel Briot briot at adacore.com
Mon Jan 23 09:51:28 CET 2017

> It would be a great loss. End customers keep on running automation systems under Windows XP and don't want to go to Windows 7 and even less to Windows 10.

Presumably you mean “users” here. I don’t think we have customers on XP.

Microsoft itself no longer supports XP.

As a matter of fact, GNAT itself is no longer supported on XP anyway, so GtkAda isn’t either. People can of course keep
using existing versions of GtkAda that were compatible with XP, so there is no risk for existing projects (which in general
do not need to evolve to newer versions of the tools), and new projects should not be developed for XP which is no longer
supported by Microsoft either.