[gtkada] testgtk/opengl/lw.c code incompatible with supplied graphics file

Emmanuel Briot briot at adacore.com
Tue Sep 27 11:17:34 CEST 2016

> On 27 Sep 2016, at 08:30, Roger Mc Murtrie <rogermc at grapevine.com.au> wrote:
>> 	I decided to to write the LWO2  parser straight off in Ada, as I find the C code somewhat horrendous.
>> I'm making slow but steady progress, learning and re-learning Ada techniques as I go along.
>> Fortunately, a few years ago, I wrote a fairly sophisticated parser for a scientific application; so I have that to look back on for Ada programming clues.
>> I'm hopeful of having a parser that at least parses the pigeon file up and running in a couple of weeks.

Great, seems like you are making progress.

We intend to update GtkAda to 3.22 in the coming months. Apparently, this comes with a new GtkGlArea
widget directly as part of it, so this might also give us a way forward, depending on how they implemented
it and whether it is compatible with Windows and OSX.