[gtkada] Value in Gtk_Tree_Store modified by GtkAda ?

Emmanuel Briot briot at adacore.com
Mon Mar 14 10:30:26 CET 2016

> When I create a Gtk_Tree_Model_Filter without a child model, i.e. using Null_Gtk_Tree_Model as child, then
> I get a non-null object (and also a textual message in a terminal window).

I don't think this is intended use of the API.
A filter must have a child model, and this must be set at creation time since there is no way
to set it later.
The API should force this of course, but since a Gtk_Tree_Model is not an access type, we cannot
explicit set a "not null" constraint. We could add a precondition, but GtkAda is currently in Ada2005
mode, not Ada2012, for backward compatibility.
So for now we cannot really change the API.

regards