[gtkada] Value in Gtk_Tree_Store modified by GtkAda ?

Rob Groen robgr at xs4all.nl
Fri Mar 11 11:21:48 CET 2016

Hello,

When I create a Gtk_Tree_Model_Filter without a child model, i.e. using
Null_Gtk_Tree_Model as child, then
I get a non-null object (and also a textual message in a terminal
window).

Now when I store that non-null object in a Gtk_Tree_Store and then
retrieve it I get a null value. Is that OK? I can't find something about
this behaviour in the documentation. Below is a small sample program to
repeat this behaviour.

I am using GPL 2014 and GtkAda 2015 on Windows 7

Regards, Rob

Sample program

with Ada.Text_Io; use Ada.Text_Io;
with Glib.Object; use Glib.Object;
with Gtk.Main;
with Gtk.Tree_Model; use Gtk.Tree_Model;
with Gtk.Tree_Store; use Gtk.Tree_Store;
with Gtk.Tree_Model_Filter; use Gtk.Tree_Model_Filter;
procedure Test_Model_Filter_Main is
   Mf    : Gtk_Tree_Model_Filter;
   Obj   : Gobject;
   Store : Gtk_Tree_Store;
   Iter  : Gtk_Tree_Iter;
begin
   Gtk.Main.Init;
   Gtk_New (Mf, Null_Gtk_Tree_Model);
   Obj := Gobject (Mf);
   if Obj = null then
      Put_Line ("null object returned");
      return;
   end if;
   Gtk_New (Store, (1 => Glib.Gtype_Object));
   Store.Append (Iter, Null_Iter);
   Store.Set (Iter, 0, Obj);
   Obj := Store.Get_Object (Iter, 0);
   if Obj = null then