[gtkada] GtkAda 3.8.1 Question about events in GTK.COMBO_BOX_TEXT

Jose Alberto Fernandez Parejo jafparejo at indra.es
Wed Jan 27 16:31:12 CET 2016

Hello,

We are developing an application in GtkAda3.8.1 and I have to insert a
GTK.COMBO_BOX_TEXT with a large number of elements.

I am trying to develop a search mechanism to once the GTK.COMBO_BOX_TEXT
is opened if the user press a key the elements starting with that key
are shown in the GTK.COMBO_BOX_TEXT.
For implementing this mechanism, we are defining and connecting the
signal "key_press_event" in a GTK.HANDLERS.RETURN_CALLBACK callback but
the signal is only triggered when the GTK.COMBO_BOX_TEXT is focused but
not when it is opened.
We have tried to connect to signals "popup" and "popdown" and these
signals are not triggered.

Is there any way to capture a key_pressed  or popup signal when the
GTK.COMBO_BOX_TEXT is opened? Or do you know other way to implement a
COMBO_BOX_TEXT search mechanism?

Thanks in advance.
Regards

Este correo electrónico y, en su caso, cualquier fichero anexo al mismo, contiene información de carácter confidencial exclusivamente dirigida a su destinatario o destinatarios. Si no es vd. el destinatario indicado, queda notificado que la lectura, utilización, divulgación y/o copia sin autorización está prohibida en virtud de la legislación vigente. En el caso de haber recibido este correo electrónico por error, se ruega notificar inmediatamente esta circunstancia mediante reenvío a la dirección electrónica del remitente.
Evite imprimir este mensaje si no es estrictamente necesario.

This email and any file attached to it (when applicable) contain(s) confidential information that is exclusively addressed to its recipient(s). If you are not the indicated recipient, you are informed that reading, using, disseminating and/or copying it without authorisation is forbidden in accordance with the legislation in effect. If you have received this email by mistake, please immediately notify the sender of the situation by resending it to their email address.
Avoid printing this message if it is not absolutely necessary.