[gtkada] various patches

Emmanuel Briot briot at adacore.com
Mon Feb 22 10:59:37 CET 2016

> Parts of the Debian patches may be of interest in a wider context.
> I have manually removed Debian-specific stuff and added comments, so
> some of them may not apply anymore cleanly with "patch".

Nicolas,

Thanks for the patches. We are looking into them. It would be slightly more
convenient in the future if you could send one patch per mail, so that we can
more easily track what has and hasn't been included.

In fact, since gtkada is now on github, I would suggest pull requests as the
best way to submit patches nowadays.

01-doc.patch:
    I have removed gtkada-config.1, since the shell script gtkada-config is no
    longer part of GtkAda is any case. We had missed that file.

   gtkada-dialog.1 has never been part of GtkAda as far as I can tell, so the
   patch doesn't apply either.

adapt-pkg-config-and-gtkada-config.diff

   projects/gtkada.pc.in is no longer part of GtkAda, so patch doesn't apply
   (part of the removal of gtkada-config)
   Patch doesn't apply anymore

build-flags.diff

   I have included the GPRBUILD_OPTIONS variable in the Makefile (and also
   a GPRINSTALL_OPTIONS since the install is now done via gprinstall).

   I have also removed the Processors variable in the gpr files, since indeed the
   one from the Makefile is better.

   I have not included the ADAFLAGS and others. This can be done via the
   GPRBUILD_OPTIONS, and is somewhat risky since we might not have tested
   those combinations. The project file reflects what we are testing, and therefore
   what we encourage users to test as well.

clean_properly.diff

   No reason not to remove 'core'.
   testgtk/Makefile no longer exists indeed, Makefile edited
   Some more files needed removal indeed

include_only_glib_h.patch

   Applied as is

Thanks for the patches. Again, please submit pull requests now, that will be much
easier for every one involved, including you I believe.

regards