[gtkada] Problem with installing gtkada on Windows 8.1: a gcc failure

STEPHEN PAYNTER s.e.paynter at btinternet.com
Tue Oct 14 17:26:44 CEST 2014

Please help!

I was just attempting to download gtkada 3.8.2 for Ada from the Libre website - running the gtkada-gpl-3.8.2-nt.exe
installation file.

A message box is thrown up which says that it couldn't complete building the libraries, and that the  compilation
failed with error 4. The details pane explains that the there were numerous undefined references, that collect2 Id
status returned with 1 exit status, and that "gnatmake: gcc execution error".

This is a little dismaying, as - as far as I know - I have a totally standard setup - as determined by the installation
defaults.

I can't find any explanations/work-arounds on the web.

Thanks in anticipation,
Steve Paynter