[gtkada] Internationalisation with GTKAda and Glade.

Pascal p.p14 at orange.fr
Sat Mar 1 13:04:19 CET 2014

Hello,
Going on internalisation with GTKAda and Glade, I used xgettext to extra strings to be translated from Glade UI files but xgettext doesn’t support Ada language :-(

Nevertheless, GTKAda brings build_skeleton.pl, a small Perl script which extract, from Ada source files, strings with minus in front of them like -”Quit” .
By the way build_skeleton.pl is only available in GTKAda source archive, it is not installed in binaries.

Well all is fine generating the necessary translation ”.mo” files but nothing works.
I was stuck on my chair when I discovered that gtkada.intl contains only empty bodies.
So I filled them, it works with my small program. I don’t assure that all works as I hasn’t tested all of them.
Here are the modified source files with a diff file:
(I change gtkada.intl to gtkada_intl for testing purpose)