[gtkada] Memory allocation issue in GtkAda 3.8 ?

Emmanuel Briot briot at adacore.com
Mon Jun 30 09:30:49 CEST 2014

>> For those who want to research / replay this issue a zip file with the
>> code and a .gpr file can be found at:
>> http://robgr.home.xs4all.nl/gtkada3x_bug.zip. The "offending" code is in
>> the file gtkada3x_bug_support.adb.
>> Unfortunately I do not have the knowledge to research this problem.

I tried running on my machine (OSX), including with valgrind, but could reproduce
neither a crash nor an error reported by valgrind (but valgrind is pretty bad on OSX,
so this might not be exactly accurate).

That said, I would agree with Dmitry that the implementation of Gtk.List_Store.Set
might be incorrect, and it would be better to convert to a GValue first.

Can you try applying the following patch ?