[gtkada] non-text widget in tree view column header

Rob Groen robgr at xs4all.nl
Sat May 18 15:29:19 CEST 2013

I have a tree view of 1 column, that shows a list store with 2 columns,
a string and a boolean. The tree view column has two renderers, one for
a toggle and one for text. In the header of the column I have a
checkbutton and a normal button (in stead of normal text). I want to use
the checkbutton in the column header to toggle all the elements in the
column. The normal button is to be used to sort the column. (Note the a
separate show or show_all on these buttons is needed to display them as
they are not part of the window  hierarchy.)
The header is made clickable and reacts to the "clicked" signal of the
tree view column.
I have handlers connected to the "toggle" signal of the checkbutton (in
the header) and to the "clicked" signal of the normal button (also in
the header), but these handlers are never called. If I specify the
string column in the list store to be used for sorting, sorting happens
as expected and the "clicked" handler on the column is called as well,
but I want the sorting and toggling actions to be separated.
Did I miss something? Is there way to achieve what I want, i.e. get the
right handler called ?

Regards,
Rob Groen