[gtkada] Eeeeeeeeeeeeeek!

Dmitry A. Kazakov mailbox at dmitry-kazakov.de
Mon Jul 29 16:12:05 CEST 2013

On Mon, 29 Jul 2013 06:32:41 -0700, you wrote:

> I think that maybe the win32 version is broken.  I have tried to
> recompile all of the source
> code myself and it won't compile on my system here for one reason or
> another.

You could try this one:

http://www.tarnyko.net/en/?q=node/20

It refers to openSUSE repository which indeed contains Gtk3.8 with related
libraries and even themes:

download.opensuse.org/repositories/windows:/mingw:/win32/openSUSE_Factory/noarch

You could try to assemble a Gtk3.8 distribution from that. I think it
should be easier than compiling from sources.

> I don't know in which order things should be compiled and I don't have
> enough background to deal with the compilation issues.

Building Windows Gtk2.x always was a mess, and there is no any reason to
suggest than Gtk3 would not be a bigger one.

BTW, Gtk4 is on the way. the RedHat team is busy keeping us happy...

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov