[gtkada] Eeeeeeeeeeeeeek!

Emmanuel Briot briot at adacore.com
Mon Jul 29 14:35:45 CEST 2013

> BTW, the binaries AdaCore distributes, how were they obtained? Officially
> there is no Gtk 3.x distribution for Windows. Neither GIMP 3.x exists
> (usually GIMP is a reliable source to get Windows Gtk binaries).

We spent a lot of time compiling all the dependencies ourselves (and there are a *huge*
number of them, and that number keeps increasing).
We have found a number of issues with those windows binaries since the public
release though, so these might explain a number of the crashes you are seeing.

> I tried to compile GtkSourceView under MinGW but it did not work with the
> binaries from GNAT GPL, which have a quite outdated version 3.4 vs 3.8(9).

The goods news is that we are now building 3.8 internally indeed. The not so good
news is that I do not know when we will make a public release with these (although
I will certainly push for doing one after the vacations period, rather than wait for the
usual April release next year).

regards