[gtkada] Eeeeeeeeeeeeeek!

Dmitry A. Kazakov mailbox at dmitry-kazakov.de
Sun Jul 21 21:30:42 CEST 2013

On Sun, 21 Jul 2013 08:16:16 -0700, you wrote:

> I tried to just create an Expose event internally and put it on the
> queue and it still is being dropped.
> So no drawing at all.

Because you need a Gtk_Widget for that.

> It looks to me that the folks who are doing Gtk are phasing out Gdk.

Presumably so, because they threw Gdk_Drawable away. It is cairo now.

I think you should redesign your application, it will not work otherwise.
Note that other relevant stuff was changed as well. Size request is gone.
The only workable way to capture widow being resized is again from draw
(checking allocated area of the widget).

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov