[gtkada] Eeeeeeeeeeeeeek!

Dmitry A. Kazakov mailbox at dmitry-kazakov.de
Sun Jul 21 11:16:58 CEST 2013

On Sun, 21 Jul 2013 01:10:49 -0700, you wrote:

> I use Gdk.Event.Handler_Set_User_Data which is suppose to give me access
> to the events.
> Everything I am seeing in the GTK code indicates I should see it. If Gtk
> wants to mask it
> then that is one thing but I wouldn't think it affects me.
>
> I guess if I could find this "draw" stuff in Gtk (c code) then I'd see
> how they do things
> but then again I see Expose events being handling in code.

It think that this code is OS-specific. E.g. for Win32 it handles WM_PAINT
and creates an event using gdk_event_new (GDK_EXPOSE). This event, though,
is not converted into a signal for GdkWindow. GtkMain handles the event
(see gtkmain.c, gtk_main_do_event) by calling gtk_widget_send_expose.

As for "draw", each widget registers its handler. E.g. see gtk_button_draw
in gtkbutton.c as an example.

BTW, does anybody know the status of prepackaged GtkAda for Debian and
Fedora?

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov