[gtkada] circular dependency on gtkada rm document generation

John Marino adacore at marino.st
Wed Jul 3 18:30:43 CEST 2013

On 7/3/2013 09:43, Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote:
> John Marino wrote:
>
>> 1) Is there really no way RM documentation can be built *WITHOUT* GPS?
>> (I mean could a reasonable change be made to eliminate the requirement
>> of GPS because it's obvious it's needed right now)
>
> Have you asked the maintainer(s) of the GtkAda packages for Debian how
> they do it.  I believe they may well have a solution.

I have not asked, but the obvious approach is to create a separate
package for documentation.  Then one could either pregenerate the
documentation and package it (no build process), or actually pull in GPS
and generate it during the build process.

However, a separate documentation package is not appetizing.  The normal
approach is to have a documentation "option" in the main package that is
on by default.

The Debian maintainer is clearly on the list so he can pipe up if he
feels so inclined.  :)

John