[gtkada] circular dependency on gtkada rm document generation

John Marino adacore at marino.st
Mon Jul 1 13:07:36 CEST 2013

It appears that gtkada requires GPS to generate its reference manual.
But GPS needs gtkada to build, a circular dependency.

Yes, you can build GPS and then come back and generate the
documentation, but this is pretty unfriendly to package systems, plus
theoretically you should be able to use GtkAda without having to install
an (unneeded) GPS.  So I have a few questions:

1) Is there really no way RM documentation can be built *WITHOUT* GPS?
(I mean could a reasonable change be made to eliminate the requirement
of GPS because it's obvious it's needed right now)
2) Is it possible to have the RM documentation as a download?

Regards,
John