[gtkada] gate3-in code generator (v0.4) for Glade GtkBuilder and LibGlade files

Rob Groen robgr at xs4all.nl
Sun Aug 4 13:33:01 CEST 2013

Hello all,

Last February I "released" version 0.3 of gate3-in, an Ada code sketcher
for Glade, based on gate-in which is not maintained anymore. Now I am
releasing version 0.4 which sees a number of fixes and enhancements (I
hope).
The sketcher still targets Gtk2 (Gtkada 2.24) and Glade3 version prior
to 3.8.1.
When time permits I will move gate3-in to GTK3 (Gtkada 3.x), but this
will probably take some time.

The work is based on the sources found in the 2011 GtkAda distribution,
notably Glib.Glade, Gtk.Glade and Gtk_Generates. This is work in
progress, so not all Glade features are supported (yet). Also, testing
is limited to Glade files that I have used in the past and new ones that
were created targeting changes that I made, so they probably don't touch
all the functionality.
Testing has been done on WinXP and on Ubuntu 10.04, using the 2012 GNAT
GPL and GtkAda 2.24 distribution. No other prerequisites are known to me.

Download the zip file from: http://robgr.home.xs4all.nl/

Both versions (0.3 and 0.4) can be found there. Zip files include a list
of changes.
When building gate3-in the gpr file specifies "debug" and "obj"
subdirectories relative to the directory where the sources and the gpr
file are found. You must create these subdirectories before using gnatmake.

If you have problems downloading, send me an e-mail so I can mail the
zip file directly.

Comments are welcome!

Regards, Rob Groen