[gtkada] creating self-contained MSWindows executable

Dmitry A. Kazakov mailbox at dmitry-kazakov.de
Sun Jul 8 14:10:57 CEST 2012

On Sat, 07 Jul 2012 12:11:04 +0200, you wrote:

> I was afraid that this would be the answer. I was hoping that it would
> be possible to link/bind all the required library code into one
> executable. Then it would be sufficient to copy the executable.

It is much more than just executable and the DLLs. Even if you linked
statically to all DLLs you would have other files to install. E.g. if you
have GIMP installed. Look into C:\Program Files (x86)\GIMP-2.0. This is how
your installation should look like. You can create an installer program
using MS Visual Studio or other tools.

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov