[gtkada] configure --libdir setting is not acknowledge properly in the build system

Emmanuel Briot briot at adacore.com
Tue Apr 3 10:23:06 CEST 2012

> With the latest code from svn, if the following configuration is given:
>
> ./configure --prefix=/usr/gnat --libdir=/usr/gnat/lib64
>
> Then the compile result could not be used properly, I found the following
> inconsistency:
>
> * The libraries still installed into /usr/gnat/lib, despite the setting of
> libdir in the configuration.
> * gtkada-config --libs points to the configure path /usr/gnat/lib64, look right
> * gtkada.pc file points library to /usr/gnat/lib
> * the gnat project files are all intalled into /usr/gnat/lib/gtkada/
> * gtkada-config does not give an option to use the shared libary, it always use
> the static one (this one is not related to libdir setting)

Well spotted, this has now been fixed in the development version of GtkAda.
In particular, lib64 is now automatically used by default on 64 bits systems,
but you can also use --libdir as you did above.
The GNAT project files are always installed in prefix/lib, otherwise GNAT
doesn't know where to find them.

gtkada-config uses shared libs by default if they were build. Perhaps you are
missing a --enable-shared switch to configure (or perhaps that's because as you
pointed out gtkada-config is looking in lib64, but the install was in lib.