[gtkada] [Fwd: patches: missing shared-libgcc + DESTDIR support]

Arnaud Charlet charlet at adacore.com
Mon Feb 7 10:02:23 CET 2011

> I've been working on improvements to the GtkAda build system that I need for
> cleaning up the GtkAda package in Fedora, and DESTDIR support is one of the
> things I added. It's an interesting coincidence that we finished our
> patches
> almost at the same time. My patch applies to GtkAda 2.14.1. I see some
> differences that indicate that you used another version. Which version do
> your patches apply to?

To submit non trivial patches, I'd recommend working from the svn trunk,
instructions to check out the GtkAda svn:
http://libre.adacore.com/libre/tools/GtkAda/

> I have tried to do the right thing even in Windows-only sections, but I don't
> have a Windows system to test it on and I don't know much about conventions in
> packaging for Windows.

Given that the DESTDIR changes are mostly mechanical, it shouldn't be too
hard to write such patch, and this will make it much easier for us to integrate.

> I'll post my patch soon. I just need to write the description explaining the
> changes I've made.

Sounds good.