[gtkada] [Fwd: patches: missing shared-libgcc + DESTDIR support]

Arnaud Charlet charlet at adacore.com
Fri Feb 4 09:04:33 CET 2011

> GtkAda was just committed to Pkgsrc, which is the primary software
> management system for NetBSD and DragonFlyBSD.  NetBSD has an older system
> libgcc (v4.1) and that helped to flush out a problem with the GTKAda
> makefile.

Thanks for the contribution.

> gtkada-dialog and testgtk need the shared libgcc which is not specified (in
> fact, the static libgcc is specified, you can see this with the -v option
> of gnatmake).  gnatmake ignores the -static-libgcc directive and defaults
> to linking with the system libgcc_s.so.  For systems like DragonFlyBSD and

That's actually not a correct diagnostic. gnatmake does not ignore
-static-libgcc. I believe the issue is rather than libgtkada.so depends on
libgcc_s, and testgtk depends on libgtkada.so.

> Thanks for considering these suggested improvements.

Thanks, we'll have a look.

Can you explain how the DESTDIR change works and is intended to be used?
If you could also update the Windows sections, that would make it easier to
integrate the patch, since integrating a partial/inconsistent patch is much
trickier.

>             $(MAKE) -C glade install; \
>             $(MAKE) -C gnome install; \
>             $(MAKE) -C tools install; \
> -	   $(CHMOD) ugo-w $(alidir)/static/*.ali; \
> -	   if [ $(BUILD_SHARED) = yes ]; then \
> -	      $(CHMOD) ugo-w $(alidir)/relocatable/*.ali; \
>  	fi

The above hunk on src/Makefile.in looks wrong/unjustified though, can you
clarify?

Arno