[gtkada] GTKADA Warning when loading icon

Paul Cass cassp41 at yahoo.com.au
Sun Aug 15 03:23:05 CEST 2010

Hi,
    I'm getting the following warning when my program attempts to load a stock
GTK icon:

quote

(game.exe:4252): Gtk-WARNING **: Could not find the icon 'gtk-save'. The 'hicolo
r' theme
was not found either, perhaps you need to install it.
You can get a copy from:
        http://icon-theme.freedesktop.org/releases
(game.exe:4252): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading theme icon 'gtk-save' for stock:
Icon 'gtk-save' not present in theme

unquote

I've been getting this ever since installing the 2010 GPL version (2.14.1).  It
didn't occur for the previous release.  The warning occurs immediately I
activate a child (drop down) menu and, as you would expect, the "save" icon is
not displayed correctly although the other stock items are displayed.  I've done
some searching and the gtk-save png file appears to be in the same locations as
other similar stock items.  The code for displaying menu items appears to be in
the GTK libraries and is not mine.  I've only written the menu creation stuff
using GLADE and the callbacks.

If the program is loading other stock items then I assume the environment is
correct.

I'm not very familiar with GTK themes and, as far as I know, haven't changed
anything of that nature.  The link in the warning wasn't particularly helpful.

Any ideas?

TIA

Paul