[gtkada] Problem with file selection widget

Michael Gonzalez mgh at unican.es
Tue Apr 1 18:53:57 CEST 2008

Hello,

I have installed the gnat compiler and GtkAda version 2.8.0 for windows.

I have a program that uses the file selection widget. It compiles and
links fine. When I run the program and click on the button that opens
the file selection dialog, I get an access violation exception.

The same happens if I try to open the file selection widget from the
testgtk program that comes with GtkAda.

I have tried with both GNAT-2006 and GNAT-2007 versions and the same
happens.

There is no "official" binary version of GtkAda 2.10.0 for Windows. I
tried with an unofficial one that I found in the net and the same
problem occurred.

I have just tried in another windows XP machine, with the same results.

The same program in linux works fine.

Does anybody have a clue on why the file selection window does not work?

Thanks,

Michael Gonzalez.
Michael Gonzalez Harbour                  E-mail: mgh at unican.es
Grupo de Computadores y Tiempo Real       URL: http://www.ctr.unican.es
Facultad de Ciencias                      Phone : +34-942-201483
Universidad de Cantabria                  Fax   : +34-942-201402
Avda. de los Castros s/n
E-39005 Santander
SPAIN