[gtkada] GtkAda Windows

Camek, Alexander Alexander.Camek at Elektrobit.com
Thu Mar 29 09:58:21 CEST 2007

Hi List,

I want to port an ada programm, running under linux with gtk, to
windows.
All compiling and linking is fine until i get to a point where the
gtkada library is needed.
Then the compiler says:
No symbol gdk__main, gtk__cmbo_gtk_new, and so one, are undefined.
So I thougth it is a problem in my linker path, but when i do a nm upon
the libraries, the static .a and the dynamic .dll from GtkAda, there are
no symbols called like this. On my linux system (debian woody) all is
fine, there are the symbols in the libgtkada.a.
Also what surprised me, there is in the bin dir no libgtkada.dll.

I use the installation version from Gnat-2006 and Gtkada2006 (2.8.0-nt)
both in the gpl version.

Did I missed to put something in my linker path or is there really
something missing in the installation version?
Do I need a installed version of gtk+ before i install Gtkada, but in
the README it says, that the installation version contains already one?

My Ada project path is set to Gtkada/include/gtkada, where the
gtkada.gpr is located. For linking my own dlls, do I need the librarys
contained in Gtkada/include/gtkada or the ones in Gtkada/lib/gtkada?

Thanks for your help.

Greetings

Alexander

Please note: This e-mail may contain confidential information
intended solely for the addressee. If you have received this
e-mail in error, please do not disclose it to anyone, notify
the sender promptly, and delete the message from your system.
Thank you.