[gtkada] Compiling and Running GtkAda with new GPL_2006

Chris Sparks mr_ada at comcast.net
Sun Jun 25 18:53:10 CEST 2006

Hello,

This should be the right list for the following:

I installed GPL 2006. I proceeded to installed GtkAda 2.8.0 (GPL)
version and ran into a few problems. The first is that none of the
examples would run and I determined that the "dll"s that are in the
GtkAda/bin area needed to overwrite those in GPL 2006. Once I did that
most of the examples from GtkAda worked fine. Some didn't work and these
are the ones with their exception message:
dynamic

raised PROGRAM_ERROR : EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

general_tips

raised CONSTRAINT_ERROR : gtk-handlers.adb:168 access check failed

gladeedit

raised PROGRAM_ERROR : EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

specific_tips

raised CONSTRAINT_ERROR : gtk-handlers.adb:168 access check failed

testgtk

(testgtk.exe:1964): Pango-WARNING **: couldn't load font "Helvetica Bold
18", falling back to "Sans Bold 18", expect ugly output.
The last one isn't necessarily an error. It did work.

Now I have a burning question that is really irking me for the last
couple of years. Why hasn't the OpenGL portion of the testgtk app ever
worked on Windows? I have OpenGL installed so I don't understand why the
program tells me it isn't installed. Is there some magic I have to
perform to get the OpenGL demo to work on Windows?

Thanks,
Chris Sparks