[gtkada] Glib.Signal_Id : a Gulong or Guint?

Arnaud Charlet charlet at adacore.com
Fri Jan 6 10:46:07 CET 2006

> the change to version 1.57 we have the comment:
> "(Signal_Id): Now a Gulong, to match what is done in glib 2.2.x"
>
> I think this makes no difference on 32-bit systems,
> but would on 64-bit systems.
>
> Should Signal_Id be changed back to Guint?

Hmm, that's actually and unfortunately more complicated than that.

Signal_Id should never have been modified, it has always been a
guint.

The confusion comes from the use of some "handler_id" parameters in some
glib calls, whihc are gulong, and the GtkAda sources apparently mix the
two notions (signal_id and handler_id)...

So there's definitely a clean up needed in this area that can have nasty
consequences on 64 bit systems indeed, thanks for noticing.

Arno