[gtkada] Addressing external data in a GUI

Rick Duley 30294025 at student.murdoch.edu.au
Tue Jun 14 08:48:11 CEST 2005

Hi Preben

I did try Get_Toplevel as I explained further down the posting.  Yes,
it returns
a widget.

What I am trying to do is get access to a user-defined data structure I have
included in the Gtk_Window_Record which defines the Toplevel window.  As I
showed, the widget I get from Get_Toplevel does _not_ allow me to do that.

Here's the MAIN_QUESTION_:

How do you get data into a GUI, then access it within the GUI so that the User
can alter it using the GUI, then get it out of the GUI again?

Here's the second question:

If you cannot do the things in the _MAIN_QUESTION_ then what's the use
of a GUI?

Cheers
"Professional qualitative judgement
    consists in knowing the rules
      for using (or occasionally breaking)
        the rules."
                             D. Royce Sadler
Rick Duley
Murdoch University
School of Engineering Science
Perth, Western Australia
http://eng.murdoch.edu.au/~rick
aussie : 040 910 6049                .-_|\
o'seas : + 61 40 910 6049           /     \
                               perth *_.-._/