[gtkada] Space around buttons

Preben Randhol randhol+gtkada at pvv.org
Wed Jun 1 14:56:01 CEST 2005

Rick Duley <30294025 at student.murdoch.edu.au> wrote on 01/06/2005 (07:23) :
> Hi folks
>
> I am still trying to set the space around buttons and other things in a
> GtkFrame.  Preben's advice to use Set_Border_Width and Set_Spacing on the box
> has a nice effect - spreading out the widgets in the box - but it doesn't solve
> the problem within the GtkFrame.

Hi. What you do is always start with adding a Vbox or Hbox in your frame
and then add the widgets you want. Then you can set the border_width. I
always does it like this bcs in a frame on can only add one thing. And
don't mind that you have to use an extra box. Gtk is designed to use
boxes for layout so it does not give you overhead penalites.

I more or less never use Set-Border_Width around buttons or other
widgets like this. I do it in boxes or buttonboxes etc...

Preben