[gtkada] Using glade-2 effectively

Alex R. Mosteo alejandro at mosteo.com
Mon Jul 4 13:20:23 CEST 2005

Hello,

After some time toying with GtkAda I've reached a point where I more or
less have managed to understand and semi-forget the intricacies of
handlers, signals, marshallers, etc. I know how to connect callback
subprograms with proper user arguments and so. However, after some
frustrating search for glade documentation in the web, I see that glade
code generation is deprecated in favor of some libglade. More to the
point, I don't know how to make glade generate the nice signal
connections where you receive an Ada type as user argument.

As is, I only use Glade for the very basics, and I soon start to add
everything else programmatically. I'm afraid I've missed something on
proper usage of these tools so I'm doing the tedious work of signal
connecting by hand.

If some of you have some advice for my further enlightment I will be
very glad to hear it. Thanks in advance,

A. Mosteo.