[gtkada] Would a patch be useful (gdk_pixbuf_new_from_data)

Jeffrey Creem jeff at thecreems.com
Wed Jan 19 13:20:31 CET 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Thomas De Contes" <d.l.tDeContes at free.fr>
To: "Jeffrey Creem" <jeff at thecreems.com>
Cc: <gtkada at lists.adacore.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 19, 2005 7:00 AM
Subject: Re: [gtkada] Would a patch be useful (gdk_pixbuf_new_from_data)

> If one had a file that was raw binary bytes of the form of a inline gdk
> data then something like this might be useful.

in any case i made that for another things,

the main thing is to have a tool to convert image files into the gdk
format :-)
how do you make that ?

A full gtk developer install includes a tool called :

 gdk-pixbuf-csource

That takes as input an image in a "standard" format such as PNG and produces
a C declaration
in the appropriate format. For now I am just building this C file and pragma
Importing the resulting
variable for use in the Ada side.

See
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gdk-pixbuf/gdk-pixbuf-creating.html

which talks about running this utility and making use of the result.

See
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gdk-pixbuf/gdk-pixbuf-creating.html

Which contains the API elements used in support of creating the
 gdk-pixbuf-csource
utility.