[gtkada] Would a patch be useful (gdk_pixbuf_new_from_data)

Jeffrey Creem jeff at thecreems.com
Wed Jan 19 01:29:40 CET 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Thomas De Contes" <d.l.tDeContes at free.fr>

if i'm right, what is the normal way to incorpore the data of the image
in our source code ?

i made that :
http://tDeContes.hd.free.fr/miseADisposition/contributions/
mes%20programmes%20ada/outils/compil/figerstreams.adb

will it be easy to use gdk_pixbuf_new_from_data with such a "constant
Stream_Element_Array" ?

ps : for now this app is commented only in french,
does someone want to have it in english too ?

If I understand the french/ada correctly this code takes a file/stream and
turns it into "code" in the form of
a stream element array. This is useful at times but not for the gdk_pixbuf
feature. The problem is that this inline data is not
a standard jpeg or png (or any real file format) but rather it a custom
representation of the image that is specific to Gdk.

If one had a file that was raw binary bytes of the form of a inline gdk data
then something like this (again assuming I am
understanding it) might be useful.