[gtkada] installation of GtkAda 2.4.0

André Laurens Andre.Laurens at cnes.fr
Wed Feb 23 17:20:59 CET 2005

Hi,

Trying to install GtkAda 2.4.0 on a Linux MDK 9.2, I get the following
message when running the 'configure' script :

checking for GTK - version >= 2.2.0... no
*** Could not run GTK test program, checking why...
*** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log
for the
*** exact error that occured. This usually means GTK was incorrectly
installed
*** or that you have moved GTK since it was installed.

However, pkg-config --modversion gtk+-2.0 issues 2.2.4.

Since config.log shows compilation errors on
/usr/include/glib-2.0/glib/gmessages.h
I added the following lines to gmessages.h to achieve compilation with
gnatgcc
#undef G_HAVE_ISO_VARARGS
#undef G_HAVE_GNUC_VARARGS

And finally the 'configure' script works. Then no problem for 'make
install' and run of 'testgtk'.

Isn't there a simpler procedure?

Thanks for advice.

André